Re: failed tests in gnustep-gui

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: failed tests in gnustep-gui
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 08:33:03 +0000

> On 17 Jan 2022, at 21:15, Andreas Fink <andreas@fink.org> wrote:
>
> I get these failures while running gnustep-gui tests:
>
> ----------
> gui/NSView/NSView_convertRect.m:
> Failed set:        NSView_convertRect.m:100 ... problem in NView GNUstep
> converRect.
>
> gui/NSView/NSView_frame_bounds.m:
> Failed set:        NSView_frame_bounds.m:57 ... problem in NView GNUstep
> frame_bounds.
>
> gui/NSView/NSView_frame_rotation.m:
> Failed set:        NSView_frame_rotation.m:21 ... problem in NView
> GNUstep frame_rotation.
>
> gui/NSView/scrollRectToVisible.m:
> Failed set:        scrollRectToVisible.m:33 ... problem in NView GNUstep
> scrollRectToVisible.
> --- Running tests in gui/TextSystem ---
>
>     967 Passed tests
>       8 Failed sets
>       3 Failed tests
> ------------
>

> They all fail in a line like this:
>
>     START_SET("NView GNUstep bounds_scale")
>
> So in a macro somwhere.
> Any idea what this macro does?

You can just look in the header file (Testing.h) to see exactly what it does,
but the summary is that it starts a region of code with an autorelease pool and
exception handler and some bookkeeping to track things like the duration of
tests.
Failed set generally means that an exception occurred somewhere in the region
betwen the start and the end.  The full log may tell you where/what the
exceptionb was.