dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] HP OEM-specific Types

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] HP OEM-specific Types
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:32:52 +0200

Hi Don,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 19:23:53 +0400, address@hidden wrote:
> I see many undecoded `OEM-specific Type's on HP ProLiant DL380 G5 server.
> Is there way to find description of these? (Googling didn't give me too much
> hope.)

Dmidecode can decode 3 HP-specific OEM types: System/rack locator (type
204), NIC MAC information (type 209) and NIC iSCSI MAC information
(type 221). Dmidecode version 2.9 is the first version to include this
code.

The HP ProLiant systems indeed include many other OEM-specific type
entries, but unfortunately we don't know how to decode them.

Is there any information you are specifically interested in? It might
be easier to obtain specific information from HP than a complete
description of all OEM types they use.

> Maybe vendor publish these somewhere?

I am not aware of any public document, but you could ask your HP
contact if you have any. I agree it would be great if we could decode
more / all of these HP-specific entries.

--
Jean Delvare