Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Smarty 3

From: Vaisonet
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Smarty 3
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:55:53 +0200

Hi,

I worked onto php template onto another project. I can't tell use smarty or not, but this some feedback about this other project.
Régis as right, php is already a template system and the fastest.
But memory and speed aren't a reason to use smarty.

Smarty is a really good tool if a webdesigner has to work on template.
Webdesigner hasn't have to know php and he can't break an application with Smarty. He can with php.

If a webdesigner has to work onto Dolibarr template, Smarty is a good tool.
If not, just do the fastest !

I've added Smarty onto a new version of an old project, it was a bad experience.
Smarty can be easily added onto a new project, but onto an old one, with specific logic, it was really difficult ...
Take care, adding Smarty to Dolibarr may be not so easy.

Best regards,
Maxime