[Dolibarr-dev] LDAP connection with Zimbra

From: Gaëtan Frenoy
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] LDAP connection with Zimbra
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 13:36:50 +0200

Hi,

For a possible new customer, I made some investigation about how to connect Dolibarr with Zimbra.  We would really like to make the final solution fully integrated so that it looks like one solution for mail / agenda / contacts / invoices (and possibly more later).

So the first thing I wanted to achieve is to be able to connect in Dolibarr with an account created in Zimbra.  As all accounts are stored in a LDAP directory, I thought it would be very straightforward...

After some (long) hours of bug hunting(*) I was able to browse the Zimbra user list and c
reate an user account in Dolibarr from the information in Zimbra.  Good.

Unfortunately, it looks like the password of this new user is managed in Dolibarr even if I specified the LDAP password field ?!
I don't want to manage two times the same password: if the user is changing his/her password in Zimbra, he/she should be able to reuse the same in Dolibarr.

How can I re-use the password from Zimbra ?
Is this supposed to work ?

Thanks for your help.

(*) I found out many little glitches!  The LDAP related code in v3.1.0-beta does not work.  I may send a global patch (and some documentation) later if I can make the whole thing to work...

--
(frenoy.net)

Gaëtan Frenoy - Software Consulting

Av. de l'Arbre Ballon, 137 - 1020 Bruxelles

T: +32 2 2687328 - TVA BE.0889968862 - www.frenoy.net - (in)