Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Ayuda

From: Manuel Muñoz
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Ayuda
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

Estimado Juanjo:

I have a lot of clients who have dotmatrix printers  (ticket printer, and cashdrawers). Sometimes their transactional volume is high so they use preprinted forms.
When we try to print from a pdf (with fpdf), we get a bad and slow imprint. (it's not useful, 'cause it's treated like an image)

i've been trying to design a printing service using jzebra (which is a java applet , _javascript_ interfaced, that can be used to sen RAW commands to a printer). It's the only plugin i know, that allows a webapp to print directly to a POS/label printer.

To be honest, i don't know where to begin. It seems to me that developping this kind of service means a modification to the wole set of fiche.php
  (third party, invoices,  etcetera....).

i've been taking a look to the webservices module, but i could barely get information about the services (examples of the autentication part).

http://demo.dolibarr.org/webservices/

It occurs to me that provissionally i could create a webclient including jzebra which sends requests to them webservices (example. to print a certain invoice) and then use the menu editor to include this client "transparently" in dolibarr.

*new note:

'been examinig the printig system (printing models): i could generate an html file. but how do i do, so the java applet does not load every time?
maybe to write _javascript_  which looks for a special frame name?

any help will be really appreciated.