[Dolibarr-dev] PDF generation

From: anthony . poiret
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] PDF generation
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:13:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on a specific developement to adapt a dolibarr to advanced food logistic management (we work on a version 3.1).

I get some troubles with pdf generation and display processes. For now, I reached my goals by the use of some tricks that doesn't affect core, but I get some comments (I'm sure Eldy already noticed that, but a remind won't be bad)...

1 - I noticed a lot of if ... elseif in showdocuments function, and document.php that look a bit ugly (I wonder if they may disappear from later version) and make the understanding of these files work a bit blurry (especially because the generic part of these conditions should be applied for all of their part I guess).

2 - There's a point more troubling, on the way the getting of documents works with rights: subpermission able us to do a clean job while we use only one kind of document in a module. The point is that in our case, we need at least five in our; consequently, we can't use the global var _SUBPERMCATEGORY_FOR_DOCUMENTS to define rights to check (see lines 426 to 439 in document.php), as modulepart seems needing to be the module name. I doesn't get a generic solution for this problem, but I guess it could be useful to having a reflection on it. For now, we just recreate the documents.php in our module to not affect the core and satisfying our needs.

Thanks for readding,
Regards,

AUGURIA
Anthony Poiret