[Dolibarr-dev] margin module

From: Christophe Battarel
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] margin module
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 15:03:43 +0200

Hello everybody,

I have made a module for two customers who want to know their commercial margins with dolibarr.

Now, i would like this module to be integrated into develop branch of dolibarr, to improve the software and consolidate this work for dolibarr future evolutions.

At this point, this module modify some files in the core of dolibarr to allow buying price input on orders/proposals/invoices and some tables in the database in order to store buying price, mark rate and margin rate on each line of order/proposal/invoice. The rest is stored in a custom module folder (htdocs/custom/marges).

I have planned to send pull requests on github in the develop branch if you're ok with it (if you want more details about the functionnalities of this module, or access the demo site, please send me a private email).

This module is based on the 3.1.1 release of dolibarr.

My questions are about the way to port it to the develop branch :

1) at the moment, the database tables are altered by a script in the sql folder of my module. if we do integrate this module in the software, i think the necessary fields should be added in the database structure delivered with the package. how can i do it ?

2) do i port my module folder into htdocs or do i leave it in custom ? (i think it's the first option, but i need a confirmation)

3) what about language files ? at the moment i have done only fr_FR

4) do you have any advice for the migration to 3.2 ?

Thanks in advance
Christophe

--
Responsable technique