Re: [Dolibarr-dev] French translations wanted

From: i.d & l
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] French translations wanted
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 11:44:55 +0200

Ola Marcos, one thing you sould keep in mind when submitting a sentence for translation is that a lone sentence, extracted from the context in which it appears in the application, might get an inappropriate translation. I mean it's not the same when you get a bunch of sentences vs just one. In the 1st case, you're "in some way" in the application, and, morevover, it's far better when you're having the application running on your screen to understand where and when the sentence appears.
Then, "spready" translated sentences might loose coherence between each other... this it typically not recommended.

Add into SPIP => Ajouter dans SPIP

Êtes-vous sur de vouloir ajouter cet adhérent dans spip ? (serveur : X) => Are you sure you want to add this member into SPIP (server : X) ?
Supprimer dans spip => Remove in SPIP
Êtes-vous sur de vouloir effacer cet adhérent dans spip ? => Are you sure you want to remove this member in SPIP ?

Note that it could also be "remove from spip", which in french would sound like "supprimer de SPIP".
Again, it's a matter of context. BTW, if you get translation in other latin language(s) spanish, italian or portuguese, it could help.

Regards,

Manuel