Re: [Dolibarr-dev] broken features en pagaille

From: Laurent Destailleur (eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] broken features en pagaille
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:53:59 +0100

Le 27/03/2013 12:23, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
> Maybe is a good idea to create a kind of helper script for the
> install. The script should detect the
> needed dependencies like php, apache and prompt user for the location
> or suggest the location.
This is not required.

Also location of dependencies are not free but defined by respective
package, so we already know location and setup is done using this location.
The bash script inside package already setup correctly path according to
this.

The report is problably for users that force install of package without
the dependencies or user using old version of ubuntu or debian.

> A simple bash script could do the job, this would mean no need to
> supply so many different
> packages at least for linux.
>
> From the other side if there are package maintainers its their job to
> keep up with the stuff
> for their distro.
>
> Just my 2c.
>
> Rgds
> Saxa
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Florian Henry
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is a lot of bug concerning this point on the french forum (no graph,
>> Jquery plugin missing). The result is bad image for Dolibarr. People don't
>> understand why there are differences between .deb, Doliwamp and zip/tgz. Me
>> neither by the way.
>> I wonder if it's a good idea to provide uncomplete debian packages. People
>> who knows how to deploy deb package will be able to install Dolibarr without
>> a package. We should let system admin do their work.
>>
>> I didn't know that deb package need debian validation, but if we continue to
>> propose this package the htdocs/include directory inside it must be the same
>> as for .zip package. It will avoid specifics line in conf.php.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Florian HENRY
>> address@hidden
>> +33 6 03 76 48 07
>> http://www.open-concept.pro
>> Twitter : @_Open_Concept_
>>
>> Le 27/03/2013 11:51, Régis Houssin a écrit :
>>
>>> depuis la 3.3 c'est l'horreur
>>> tu as exclu lors de la construction des packages tout un tas de choses
>>> qui rendent mes modules inutilisable (et surement d'autres personnes)
>>> je vais supprimer le chargement des librairies js Fileupload car si il
>>> n'y a plus la librairie template dans le package, donc ca ne sert à rien
>>> !!
>>>
>>> tout ça pour faire éviter des warnings dans ton package debian ??
>>> je ne vois pas ce que ça va t'apporter de plus d'être dans debian, juste
>>> de proposer des versions obsolète en attendant une prochaine version
>>> stable de debian et leur accord pour mettre à jour !!
>>>
>>> Cordialement,

Eldy (Laurent Destailleur).

EMail: address@hidden
Web: http://www.destailleur.fr