Re: [Dolibarr-dev] About PgSQL Support and SQL standard

From: Doursenaud , Raphaël
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] About PgSQL Support and SQL standard
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 13:49:33 +0200

Thanks Florian,

Is this info somewhere on the wiki so we can further reference to it in an easy way ?

2013/5/3 Florian Henry <address@hidden>
Hello All,

    I would like to precise some things about PgSQL. There is a free module on DoliStore to easy to migrate from MySQL to PgSQL. This module is build for Dolibarr and do all check that need to be done speciccly for Dolibarr and PgSQL.
    Module : http://www.dolistore.com/lang-fr/outils-systemes/195-Migrate-to-PostgreSQL.html
    DoliForge Project : https://doliforge.org/projects/MigrationToPG/

    There is a non solve issue between PgSQL and MySQL, the "update from" request.
Syntax work with MySQL is :
UPDATE table_taget as target, table_source as source SET fieldtarget=source.fieldsource
WHERE source.rowid=target.rowid;

syntax work on pgSQL:
UPDATE table_taget as target SET fieldtarget=source.fieldsource
FROM table_source as source WHERE source.rowid=target.rowid;

There is no native SQL request "update from" in dolibarr core. But in your module you should do :

if ($this->db->type=='pgsql') {
$sql="UPDATE table_taget as target SET fieldtarget=source.fieldsource
FROM table_source as source WHERE source.rowid=target.rowid";
} else {
$sql= "UPDATE table_taget as target, table_source as source SET fieldtarget=source.fieldsource
WHERE source.rowid=target.rowid";
}

Kind regards.

Florian HENRY