Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr's logo font is not free

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr's logo font is not free
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:48:27 +0200

When font was choosed, every not on the net says the font was free.
May be it is not. Not clear.
We can change font since all resources were done using svg and we have source to regenerate logo.

However changing logo is really not a good idea. Every body want to change look every year, and it took me 2 years to change logo everywhere (people think changing a logo is just doing a new logo, but things is more complex like that, we must print new flyes, go onto thousand of web site that use our logo to fix them, etc...).
It is better to have a bad logo that people earned to know that a good one that nobody know.

For font i will take a look to use a font with a more clear licence next time wi will need to regenerate png resources from svg.