Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translating Dolibarr

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translating Dolibarr
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:23:33 +0200

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Lorenzo Novaro <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,
since the day we switched to Transifex many new translators joined teams and
some work has been done. I think that it is a bit of a success and it's time,
maybe, to let translators communicate (both new and old) and share thoughts
and ideas. The mailing list could also provide an important tool for
developers, becoming a sort of mega-alias where all translators can be reached
at once.

Hi, yes, I agree with you, for Brazilian Portuguese I got 3 requests and I hope those 3 people will start
contributing to it shortly.

Would it be a good idea to have a dedicated dolibarr-i18n mailing list and
review the http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Translator_documentation page. I
took the liberty to comment some text on the page because it was somehow
outdated and I don't think many potential translators would be interested in
so many options while we are all currently working on Transifex actually.

I also think that a mailing list only for translations can be a good thing, although we need to see if there
is really a need for it right now. As by following this dev list I have not saw many translation related topics.

It could also be good to recommend the use of transifex for dolibarr modules,
so that translators and developers get comfortable with the interface and the
whole process and can, maybe, easily join the existing teams to help translate
Dolibarr core.
This would also benefit the whole ecosystem, as Raphaël Doursenaud already
stated.

Thats something for sure would be a big benefit , also because all modules could immediately
be translated in all the languages already exist on the Transifex Dolibarr page.

Rgds
Saxa

Lorenzo Novaro.
--