Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr Road-map

From: Oli Sennhauser
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr Road-map
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:04:07 +0200

Hello Cedric,

thank you for your prompt reply!

In German we call it "Mandantenfähigkeit". Leo translates this to "multi-client capability"

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-tenant
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandantenf%C3%A4higkeit

What it means in practice I do not know yet. I can imagine 2 different scenarios:

* Once company has different sub-companies or
* One service provider want to serve different companies

For the 2nd scenario we do not need this feature because we can easily have just different web-sites if the company are not somehow related to each other. But for the first scenario I assume one ERP containing all sub-companies is needed.

An other ERP we have to do with from time to time solves it as follows:

CREATE TABLE customer (
  client  TINYINT
, company SMALLINT
, bla...