Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Vagrant box

From: Marcos García
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Vagrant box
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 18:01:58 +0100

Hi all,

Since Dolibarr 3.7 is not carrying a vagrant machine anymore, I've created a repo with a Vagrant machine configured for Dolibarr development at github.com/marcosgdf/dolibarr-vagrant

Feel free to use it!

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, maintaining it under it's own repository is probably a good idea, but I think it should be provided under the Dolibarr organisation.
When I created the box, I didn't expect the field to be moving so quickly and I'm not investing much time maintaining it because I don't use it as much as I thought.

Marcos, please feel free to take over ;)

Cheers,

I don't use and don't know enough vagrant to decide. But (without nothing, so my opinion is probably wrong) I would prefer also to have this into another repository.

Raphael, what do you think about this ?

And...

What about moving the Vagrant box to an independent dolibarr repo and using relative directories to access the dolibarr code? Like having the following directory tree:

<our dev folder>/dolibarr/
<our dev folder>/dolibarr-vagrant (vagrant will serve ../dolibarr/htdocs files)

We are releasing versions with a vagrant box that will stop working in... a month? (because of puppet and repos, updates...) so I think a solution must be found...

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

What problems can we have if we use submodules for this?
They require some specific knowledge that could confuse our contributors.
Also, I'm pretty sure they don't work nicely with egit (Eclipse's git in java, yuck…) used by some major members of the community.
I use them on one of my modules and they are really tricky to use.
I don't really mind for myself 'cause I know how to use them properly, but I'm concerned for others.

Cheers,
--

Technopole Hélioparc
2 avenue du Président Pierre Angot