Re: [Dolibarr-dev] implements recurrent events in dolibarr

From: Doursenaud , Raphaël
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] implements recurrent events in dolibarr
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:09:25 +0100

Yes this is still valid for external modules but maybe you can contribute the feature to the core project where this restriction does not apply ;)

Hello,

In the context of a program development aiming to follow a recurrent appointment in a calendar, I'm wondering if it would be possible to implement a recurrent event functionality in dolibarr (this seems not exist in dolibarr at this moment).

To do this, I think that it would be necessary to write a dolibarr plug-in to add some tables such as seriesEvent or recurrences (with recurrenceException and recurrenceRule)  in the dolibarr database with a link to the llx_actioncomm table.

However, this approaches seems impossible because in the documentation we can find the following warning message :

"If you develop your own external module, it must have no foreign keys that point to Dolibarr standard tables. This will break standard dolibarr upgrades, repair, backup and restore tools and may also break standard features".

Could-you please confirm if this remark is still valid and if there is some work around to solve this issue.

Thanks for your support and comment

Best regards

mparchet

Raphaël Doursenaud
Directeur technique (CTO)
Expert certifié en déploiement Google Apps
+33 (0)5 35 53 97 13 - +33 (0)6 68 48 20 10

http://gpcsolutions.fr
Technopole Hélioparc
2 avenue du Président Pierre Angot
64053 PAU CEDEX 9
SARL GPC.solutions au capital de 7 500 € - R.C.S. PAU 528 995 921