Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 3.8.1 and freeze of Dolibarr 3.9

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 3.8.1 and freeze of Dolibarr 3.9
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:39:57 +0000

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Christophe Battarel <address@hidden> wrote:
All i have to say about it is that a release should be qualified as stable when it is stable and not when it is the choosen date.

Exactly, so from this we can see that we are going back to the same scheme as we have right now if I get it correctly. We had many delays on some releases due to having a stable release released when it was really stable.
So the question then comes, is it sensate to change that kind of schedule ?

I used many times a .0 release to upgrade a previous install and then I saw that really a .0 release was never so stable as the .1 or .2 or ...

The .0 release always had some kind of downside or small bug in it. But I think this is a normal course of evolution. The invention is never perfect at its state (think of .0), there is always room to improve (think of .1 or .2 or . more).

Rgds
Saxa

My two cents.
Christophe