Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Adding data to llx_product

From: Florian HENRY
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Adding data to llx_product
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 20:00:45 +0100

Hello,

    IMHO create a new table with fk_product column. Core dolibarr tables should be modified by modules, it is the base of core application. If core tables modification is needed, it should be submitted into core dev, for fixing bugs, or adding new core feature but not by externals modules.
    As well, in the module you should deal with triggers PRODUCT_DELETE to delete line into this table in the same times product are deleted from dolibarr (can also be done by foreign key ON DELETE contraint but may not work on all database engine) to avoid orphan lines.
    Another option is also to play with extrafields (llx_product_extrafields) feature by declaring them by code into module initialisation. It can depends how complex will be the functionnal rules on this fields.

Regards

Florian Henry
+33 6 03 76 48 07
address@hidden