Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 4.0 is ready

From: Olivier Geffroy
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 4.0 is ready
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 08:10:06 +0200

Hi all,

for accountancy, in 4.0 it's quite nice (but we need more tests)
in 3.9 we need to correct some bugs, this will be done monday (with sensei Florian)

The next big step is VAT

Best regards

It's time. Version 4.0 should be ready.

The 30th of july, I have packaged version 4.0 RC2  (RC1 was packaged several weeks before but no announcement were done).
You can find it on http://www.dolibarr.org web site into section Download - Beta and pre-release version

This version should be Ready for production usage. However, it is still flagged as a Release Candidate, so every developer and integrator can test the packaging and return last fixes before world wide announcement.

ChangeLog is available here: https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/blob/4.0/ChangeLog

Next version will be 5.0 (and not 4.1). This is a minor change in the way we increment version.
Reason is just to match better new standard rules of the market: It is also more clear for users to differentiate a major and a minor bug fix version.
One major version = +1 on main number.
So after 5.0, we should see 6.0, 7.0, ...

Work on version 5.0 has already started few weeks ago into development branch.
Note that i am looking a developer to implement the tag/categories feature on project (like it is done on thirdparty and product). I would like absolutely to have this feature in 5.0 because we need to be able to have information to make more powerfull analytics reports in Dolibarr and project (and tags) is a good solution for this. Once done, it will be possible to work on generic reporting/graphic solution.

Testing the accountancy and multicurrency module, available into 4.0 as an experimental feature (you must go into home - setup - other and set cosntant MAIN_FEATURES_LEVEL to 1 to see this modules) is also an important work we need to have this 2 important modules being released as stable for 5.0.

--
Laurent.

Merci d'avance a tous ceux qui vont partager la vidéo dans ma signature ^^
Olivier Geffroy
Consultant Informatique

Jeffinfo SARL
29 rue de la Gare 59320 Ennetieres en Weppes
address@hidden
Gsm : 0608632740
Skype : darkj3ff