Re: [Dolibarr-dev] [Dolibarr-association] Dolibarr 4.0.1

From: Charles Benke
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] [Dolibarr-association] Dolibarr 4.0.1
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 16:49:40 +0200

Actually I maintain 22 modules, some are simple, some are complex. To test all of them correctly (use all feature, modify doc, …) each time a new major version of Dolibarr is release is more than 2 full weeks long for Romain an me...

During the month a new version comes out, sales of modules on dolistore are halved cut (according to my information it is not related to my modules only).

I could do as some others … , just change the version number and wait for my clients put bugs me but I do not find it honest

Most integrators with whom I work no longer wish to upgrade versions as there are no major advances between two versions either-called major

The final version of each major costs money and energy to NOTHING: just to show that development teams are able to release two versions per year, two versions full of vacuum .

We have all been waiting for new accountancy module for 2 years. The time spent to release a new version will have better been employed to work on this strategic module…

Bien cordialement,

Charlie Benke