dominion-discuss

Re: [Dominion-discuss] great news...

From: Juan Mendez
Subject: Re: [Dominion-discuss] great news...
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:27:05 +0200

On 9/30/06, Mark Galassi <address@hidden> wrote:

    Juan> <offtopic> I also was very glad of seeing dominion
    Juan> resurrected. I knew of Dominion and Conquer back then in the
    Juan> 1994 when using an AIX computer in the university. I have no
    Juan> news of the final end of the other project.  </offtopic>

Cool!

    Juan> About the design documents of dominion3, I recently found
    Juan> this: http://www.galassi.org/mark/mydocs/dom3-design.html

    Juan> I can't assure the documendation could be outdated or not.

Very outdated, but I haven't done that much either.

I still think it would be good to develop version 3, but I need
someone to take the lead on that, and then I will work with that
person.  I have still not found such a person.

So I occasionally dust up the latest dominion version 2, and make sure
it still works.  I have also recently packaged it for debian and
ubuntu, and at some point I'll find a debian maintainer to inject it
into those distros.

I lack the skills to program, very rusty, but eager to dive into code
and overcome that.

Hearing we can have DEB packages of dominion is great news also. Have
you heard of mentors.debian.net?

It seems like the right way to include a package in Debian. I've
started reading the maintaners guide so soon I hope to be of some
help.

Juan