dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Okay, so how about some code...

From: Mason Ham
Subject: Re: [Auth]Okay, so how about some code...
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:26:18 -0400

Well I guess that depends on what is meant by "get rid of". Obviously we
have to have a cryptographic module for the service. The questions then
becomes how good of an install can be made. The last one I build that did
something close to this was in ZeroG's software, and it wasn't to bad ... it
took about two weeks to develop, debug and QA. Now that was simply doing
things for a singular choice. Further, remember that this is only for
systems that would want to run as an Auth. server, not for the clients that
wanted to use the auth. server, they simply use the ssl package that is on
there system. So I would say maybe triple the two weeks to six to have it be
a "slick" install for it. I also think that it will be easier than that
given that we could use ANT or some other "build" tool instead of an install
tool. Finally, if we stay in the Java world with it, I think we could do it
somewhat cleanly with out an install and have it all JAR'd up into one
system. I have never done that with a system, but I think BEA has done so we
should be able to figure it out. Again, this isn't for the end clients, it
is for the end clients that want to be servers.

Mason