dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]new to all this

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]new to all this
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 12:36:17 -0400

Timothy Washington wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just found out about this project recently so could
> somebody tell me where I could find some detailed
> goals of the system(specs, whitepapers, etc).

Take a look at:
http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm

http://members.home.net/alberts/siml.htm
http://members.home.net/alberts/PIB.htm
http://members.home.net/alberts/fsolo.htm

> -how to get other websites to use DotGNU VI (maybe net
> advocacy).

The process can be bootstrapped. The simple single login
spec
allows for single login enabling websites without them
having
to do anything. (See my previous post)

> -how to get a website using VI to know that a client
> has a virtual identities account(maybe a cookie that
> will have information telling a site how to
> autheticate that user)

Web sites can use <EMBED>. But again, we can singlelogin
a sight without changing the site at all, by specifying how
their login form works with SIML. The SIML can be <EMBEDED>
in login pages, or supplied with clients.

Regards,
--
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.home.net/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.home.net/alberts/siml.htm