dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]GSS-API & MACS

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Auth]GSS-API & MACS
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 04:21:12 -0500

Actually I had been looking at GSS-API and several other things for authentication a bit recently. My particular interest had been in performing authentication during XMLRPC to impliment a specific set of service interfaces into GNUCOMM. I am curious if you had looked at this kind of issue with it yet.

Adam Theo wrote:

Any experts on GSS-API v2 here? I'm evaluating it for the Authentication part of my own Identity project, "Genio" [ http://www.theoretic.com/genio ]. Thanks.

Also, I have read through what little documentation there is on MACS, one of the contenders for DotGNU Virtual Identities, and see it uses something similar to GSS-API, it's own "generic authentication layer". I was wondering how similar the two are?

And if the MACS team is interested, I'd like to try and see about merging MACS with my own Genio Authentication & Authorization plus an XML-ized form of GSS-API v2 if applicable. The purpose would be to take the experience and ideas of these three separate yet very similar projects and try to create one truely kick-ass authentication solution for the Free & Open world.

Thanks, all.