dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Freport Update

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Auth]Freport Update
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:52:14 +0100

John Le'Brecage <address@hidden> wrote:

> Catch-22: increased convenience (3rd party) trades off for reduced
> privacy (transactional metadata gathering). Is this a trade-off DotGNU
> is willing to make?

The policy of the DotGNU project is that we want to equally
endorse several projects that each create a virtual identity /
auth system.

There is nothing wrong with having several competing systems -
this gives the user additional freedom of choice.

I should be observed however that these projects need to work
together on server-side components:  Ideally there'd be just a
single, easy-to-install package that makes an e-commerce site
support all the various DotGNU virtual identity / auth systems.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com