[DotGNU]DotGNU leadership and other comments

From: David Sugar
Subject: [DotGNU]DotGNU leadership and other comments
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 21:35:01 -0400

I just got back in from France, and I am going to be sleeping for awhile. I think we should begin by explaining the philisophical position of the project, and I should explain some of the basic issues and requirements of GNU package maintainers so they are understood. In this particular project there is also issues to be considered as to how we impliment compatible services and how we avoid contaminating that process with inspection of Microsoft code or binaries. These cover some basic issues and are ones I can help everyone understand first. After that, I believe it is correct to draw upon RFC's and to document key operations before we initiate many packages.

There are several that can be done right now however; there is the .net runtime and C# languate which are submitted for consideration as standards, and the standards documentation provides a base reference for these. A gcc target for the runtime target could also be initiated and would allow us to immediately leverage much of the gcc language support that exists today immediately.

I will comment in much more detail on these things after I have had some
sleep...

David