Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:10:47 +0200

> Uhmm I am little bit disappointed about the FSF press release.

I'm actually more than just a little disappointed.  (But the
weaknesses of the FSF press release may be more the fault of
Ximian than the fault of the FSF, as apparently Ximian has put
the FSF under extreme time pressure.  I hope that in the future
there will be enough time to consult with us before making a
press release.)

I think that it is really unfortunate that the press release
does not discuss why we consider Microsoft's actions to be a
threat for Free Software and Freedom in general, and why the
DotGNU and Mono projects are countermeasures against this threat.
- That is the message that needs to be sent out in order to
attract the developers who are needed for our huge project.

I am not surprised that this press release has unfortunately
resulted in the kind of press that shows us as in some way
endorsing Microsoft's initiative.  I'm really upset about this
outcome.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com