re: [DotGNU]first draft for FD press release

From: TonStanco
Subject: re: [DotGNU]first draft for FD press release
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:50:48 EDT

I think this is a great start.

We need to decide who the audience is, though. If it is other developers, the
press release should be more technical and can be long. Then we can release
it to the community outlets, like LinuxToday, NewsForge and LWN, which is
what I think we should do first.

If the audience is the general media, then we should talk about aspirations
and principles, not technical things and it should be shorter.

Either way we should have more quotes from more people.

A couple of things in [ ]

We should get a lot more feedback, too, though. This does take considerable
work to get it right.

+++++++