[DotGNU]Any SOAP/UDDI/WSDL talk yet?

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: [DotGNU]Any SOAP/UDDI/WSDL talk yet?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:56:30 -0700

So far it seems most of this is centered around the C# and Hailstorm
side of things, which is critical but is missing one major piece. The
SOAP/UDDI/WSDL stuff is also going to be important to the web services
nature of .NET

I am the project leader of the phpGroupWare project and I am currently
re-vamping much of the code to be able to support SOAP and XML-RPC
interfaces. This will include using WSDL and finding out about
registering with the UDDI registry. The things I see a problem on the
SOAP/UDDI/WSDL side of things is the UDDI. The UDDI is a registry (think
InterNIC) of avaible web services, and right now I cant find any details
about the rules and costs of getting registered. If its costly and they
start to make limitations of who can register web services, we will need
a GNU UDDI that can be used for Free Software developers.

Anyways I curious about the plans for SOAP/UDDI/WSDL, but I am quite
willing to stay on the backburner while all the hailstorm talk is being
worked out. As far as I have been concerned for the last few months,
Hailstorm if successful is the scariest thing I have seen in a long
time. If successful it would become central to Microsofts ability to
'lock in' everyone to their tools and services. I think it was a
brilliant business move on their part... a way to monopolize a huge
aspect of the Internet. But we must stop them from this

Seek3r