Re: Fwd: Re:[DotGNU]What IS .NET really

From: Jeremy Petzold
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re:[DotGNU]What IS .NET really
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:26:51 -0400

Norbert Bollow wrote:

Christian makes a valid and important point that we need to address, if we can not come up with a system that will give incentive for
deployment then we are doing this project in vein.

People like convenience.  That is sufficient incentive for using
the DotGNU virtual identities system.

Some people will want to be able to access their virtual
identies data from multiple computers.  This desire gives
sufficient incentive for someone to provide the desired service,
possibly in exchange for a fee.

E-commerce sites want to make it as convenient as possible for
people to buy from them.  That is sufficient incentive for them
to support the server-side parts of the virtual identities
protocol.

Providers of web-based services in general want the reliability
and robustness that the DotGNU platform offers them. That is sufficient incentive for them to use it.

Greetings, Norbert.

Just as long as the costs of using such a system do not out weigh the benefits