Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...

From: Jeremy Petzold
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:37:04 -0400

Myrddian wrote:

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 11:23:45PM -0400, Mason Ham wrote:

There is an apache soap impl donated by ibm .... problem is the code was
written very hastily and so is tied to tightly together to make it "use"
full unless you that the whole thing (servers and all :-( I have actually
been thinking about making a whole new "abstract" implementation for it ...
ie one that is modular like the xerces stuff. Till then, I have looked am
many different home grown ones, and they all either fall short on the client
or server side (client side marshalling or server side servers). Sorry, not
trying to be a downer. The upside is that to "get" prototypes done the
apache one is available :-)

It's kind of a problem that we could not start using SOAP, considering that is
what was originally thought to be used.

How about XML-RPC, I think SOAP is built on top XML-RPC, any how?
ANy body better ideas or something?

yeah that was mentioned earlier to use plain old XML-RPC, is that going to be easy though? I mean if it was why would MS go and create a new layer on top?
what functionality does SOAP offer that regular XML-RPC does not?