Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft & Mono

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft & Mono
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:37:04 +1000

I'll give you the benifit of the doubt there, but You are correct on those
points.

Stil taking over Ximian is not from a infrastructure point of view a good
thing,
not to mention adds to MS's bid on the monopoly case.

This way I think by doing this MS can say look we can co-operate, in front
of judges. Seems more like a PR move rather than an actual take over bid.

Lets not go to VM's Garbage collection has been since friggin SmallTalk
on OO languages so it's no new thing in term of computers.