Re: [DotGNU]Anonymous buying

From: tali streit
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Anonymous buying
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:20:26 +1000

err... i think it is probably not a good idea to use these sorts of analogies from a PR point of view.

but if a celebrity wanted to buy flowers without the flower company (and therefore media) knowing who the celebrity was, i think that would be application dependent. as this involves an exchange of money there must be some point at which a 3rd party (bank) becomes involved. the security would have to rest with that third party (e.g. "swiss bank accounts").

Kent Nguyen wrote:

Here's a senerio for dotGNU to figure out.

Let's say I'm a chinese spy and I want to buy this top secret nuclear technology that the US DoD has. Let's there's a guy who works for the US DoD who happen to manage to steal this top secret document. (US DoD isn't that secure anyway :-). This guy posted a sublimial message on some message board that he is saling "lemon and copper". Since I'm a chinese spy, I can tell that he is saling some topic secret information stolen from the US DoD. What I want now is to be able to buy the top secret information anonymously. I don't want the guy who stole the top secret document to know who I am.

How can dotGNU system help me buy anonymously?

--kent