Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Kent Nguyen
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:08:57 +0000

> BTW, I say this coming from the point of view of an experienced Java
> developer, who know only too well the shortcomings of Java and Sun, and is
> terrified that dotGNU plans to incorporate its flaws and legal baggage into
> dotGNU. Please don't let that happen. Start with something open (Mono) or
> Start Again From Scratch.

I like to hear the technical shortcomings of Java.

I know Sun license is terrible if you decide to use EJB.  So I'm not gonna
defend Java legally, but I'll defend Java in terms of its technical merits.

I'm been writing Java code for some time as well.  I know a bit about it,
even a little bit about EJB.

--kent