Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:57:04 -0400

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

> I hope so, I was responding to Martin who is adement
> about not allowing Java to run just because its
> licencing (at least that is what I picked up from him,
> sorry if I misunderstood you martin.)
>
> -Jeremy

Java licensing is pretty harsh, though...

Just look at what happened to Microsoft... Why do you think they
developed C# in the first place.  (And yes, C# was designed as a Java
killer - but it's just a language.  Anyone who thinks that C#
constitutes acceptance to the political perceptions of Microsoft - get
over it.)

        -Barry