Re: [DotGNU]Ignoring C#

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Ignoring C#
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:26:35 +0200

> i was wondering this because it seems to me that to have a distributed
> computing/web serverices platform, that you don't ned to do what java
> tried, which was have user's transfer some "write once, run everywhere"
> code.

The reason why I consider it important to have this is an
ethical one.

I think "web services" are ethically ok only as long as the end
user has the freedom to execute the same software of the end user's
PC.

Hence the plan to make sure that the same code that runs on a
server with a distributed architecture will also run in
an "Secure Execution Environment" on the end user's PC.

There are some more details of these thoughts on
http://dotgnu.org/web-services.htm

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com