[DotGNU]Re: Developers digest

From: TonStanco
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Developers digest
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:20:50 EDT

I think we need weekly summaries of the main decisions/movement made on each
DotGNU mailing list, so that we can post the progress on the main FD list, to
keep people there informed and to get more developers. It will also organize
the archives.

The summaries should be less than a page or two, only highlighting the major
events. They should NOT be an attempt to summarize each email. They should only
explain what issues were raised and dealt with during the week and therefore
act like a table of contents or index for the lists.

This will allow us to to better document the progress. I know that no one likes
to do this, but as RMS has said proper documentation is VERY important. And I
agree completely.

Norbert, can we find people on each list to do this? Without it we can be
focused enough to be efficient.

tony