[DotGNU]Another Mono vs Microsoft article

From: John
Subject: [DotGNU]Another Mono vs Microsoft article
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:54:32 -0500

Here's an article from ZD-Net that confronts the issue of Mono versus
Microsoft patents. It's only interesting to DotGNU inre: we'll have to
explain at some point how we don't have the same difficulty.

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2801560,00.html

I should mention that at my last day at a technical client with wide
exposure to Open Source, very few had heard of DotGNU and most assumed
it was another name for the Mono project. We really have to raise
awareness and cut a clear difference between the two, otherwise we run
the risk of mental confusion among developer/users.

John Le'Brecage