[DotGNU]MIME multipart / html in postings

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]MIME multipart / html in postings
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:01:25 +0200

Marco Manfredini <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am not sure if that's official. But I doubt that everyone one this
> list endorses HTML posts. multipart/html triples the traffic without
> adding one bit of information. Also you can expect, that not everyone
> has a mail client that can display HTML, and if he could, I would bet
> that the feature has been turned off.

(I'm writing in my function as dotgnu.org listadmin here)

I agree that HTML posts on a list like this serve no useful
purpose.  If desired, I can make the mailing list server
discard the text/html component of such posts on-the-fly.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com