Re: e: [DotGNU]Copyright waivers for developers?

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: e: [DotGNU]Copyright waivers for developers?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:07:43 +0200

> Would annonymous contributions passed through an
> unencumbered third party keep it clean?

I don't think that this kind of approach would help at all:

It does not really protect the contributors, because the third
party could legally be forced to reveal the identity of the
contributor.

Also, not being able to prove that proper precautions have been
taken to "cleanroom" the code, would make it much more difficult
for FreeDevelopers to win some types of lawsuits that may be
brought against FreeDevelopers.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com