Re: [DotGNU]A new battle front

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A new battle front
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

Passport uses cookies on your machine during it's
authintication proceedure.

True, some site require cookies to operate, but those
have typically been their own cookies, not third party
cookies.  This means two things.

One) you do not have the option of verifying your
signin without Passport.

Two) You do not have the option off refusing cookies
from addresses other that a target domain.  This is a
basic cookie management option.

This whole thing also means that talk from MS about
opting out is totally meaningless.