RE: [DotGNU]RE: [Mono-list] Re: C# class library

From: Brent Fulgham
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]RE: [Mono-list] Re: C# class library
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:27:24 -0700

> Miguel de Icaza writes:
>
> > Mono is not a GNU project because being part of GNU means
> > that I have to use the expression `GNU/Linux'.   If you want
> > to know why I wont do this, read (the bottom of):
> >
> http://www.linuxprogramming.com/news_story.php3/ltsn=2001-08-1
> 6-002-06-LT

I don't understand.  Which part of this article explains
why you won't use the expression "GNU/Linux"?  Is it this
selection?:

"""
  [...] For example, permission to use the GNU C Library in non-free
  programs enables many more people to use the whole GNU operating
  system, as well as its variant, the GNU/Linux operating system.

This $&%$& demands everything to be labeled in a way which credits him
and he does not stop before making completely wrong statements like
"its variant".
"""

In other words, you feel that the term "GNU/Linux" improperly
credits RMS, attributing work to GNU that was done by others?

Regards,

-Brent