Re: [DotGNU]hello !

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]hello !
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:38:13 -0400

Enrico Donelli wrote:

> > Well, es.  Which aspect are you more interested in?  Or are you
> > interested in both? :)
> > within DotGNU's scope are both the platform (.Net compatible) and
> > the webservic
>
> I would say the webservices, but just because I think that the platform is
> "too low level" for my experience (I never wrote code for compilers!).
> Anyway, I would need to have a look at both the projects, to understand which
> is closer to my ability.

Hehe, very cool...

Let's see - a good place to start is with the RLS and tokens documents.
We'll be updating tokens shortly into a number of other whitepapers.
This has been an ongoing process and it's taken a bit longer than I
expected.  I expect to be releasing a new version of tokens shortly,
regardless of where we are with it.  In any case, you can access those
documents off of our website's front page.

Also, you'll want to check out http://savannah.gnu.org since this is
where much of our code will be stored in CVS.  Of particular interest
are DotGNU Secure Execution Environment which holds the beginnings to a
daemon called Andromeda which will act as our initial environment.
Also, DotGNU Portable.NET's CVS is stored on savannah - you can find
more information on Portable.NET on the website.  Portable.NET is the C#
compiler/runtime environment and libraries.

Have fun checking these things out. :)

        -Barry