[DotGNU]Re: [CoreTeam]DFS, An initial Spec, not complete :)

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [CoreTeam]DFS, An initial Spec, not complete :)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:04:37 -0400

Myrddian wrote:

> Well here is an initial spec for the Distributed File System.
>
> It's way incomplete it needs more detail, and more work, I am posting
> this early version so everybody
> can get an idea as to what I am trying to go with this.
>
> So people can oyu give me your comments, I know so please give me
> feedback.
>
> Any how I will finish, this hopefully soon......
> but yeah feed back.
>
> Hope to hear from you all

Good work :)

Sounds a lot like a database style filesystem.  You may want to try
building into the filesystem the following:  dynamically changing and
merging files, special file redundancy (shared backup of important
files), and file redundancy akin to a mojonation style system.  The
first question that comes to mind is: what happens if one person pulls
off the network?

        -Barry