[DotGNU]Re: PVM as WOS

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: PVM as WOS
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:05:03 +0200

> >    (I've always been thinking of WOS as a system consisting of
> >    sysadmin tools and middleware, all of which would run
> >    completely in userspace within the DotGNU Secure Execution
> >    Environment.)
>
> Something like PVM?
>
> PVM is a architecture-independent framework for defining
> remote procedures, in the form of ansi C subroutines, which
> are compiled on the worker nodes.

Not exactly...

In the context of providing webservices, the nodes are not just
"workers" under the control of a central scheduler, they're
webservice servers in their own right, they need a p2p
communication protocol to exchange information with each other,
in particular to communicate database updates and resolve any
conflicts.

What I'm looking for is a system of sysadmin tools and
middleware to manage this distributed flow of information.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com