Re: [DotGNU]UDDI/WDSL (was Re: WOS)

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]UDDI/WDSL (was Re: WOS)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

> Ok... jUDDI has a BSD-style license, which is GPL-compatible.
> So in a worst-case scenario, it would be resonably easy for
> DotGNU to fork jUDDI.  Therefore I think you're right, there
> seems to be no reason why DotGNU couldn't endorse UDDI.

I think forking should always be considered a last resort or something to
do if future development is taken off a free license.  It tends to
generate far more anamosity than the tangable benefits.  If this is
something that DotGNU needs and the developers do not wish to have a GPL
license, we could recommend it's use the same way the GNU project
recommends XFree and a few other things that are free software but also
not under the GPL.

David