Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU FAQ

From: tali streit
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU FAQ
Date: 24 Nov 2001 11:55:20 +1100

On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 02:55, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> I've done more work on the DotGNU FAQ.  Here is the revised version...

That looks like it was a lot of work... kudos.

reading it, i tried to imagine being someone who is more management then
programmer, evaluating whether to look at using dotGNU instead of .NET.
unfortunately, i don't think their questions were answered in language
clear enough. don't get me wrong here, i understood it well myself and
think it is very clear to programmers and people familiar with Free
software:
as a suggestion, adding a question such as "Can i make money using
dotGNU?" would be quite important.
perhaps an entire section devoted to answering questions along those
lines. "Can i charge for a dotGNU webservice?", "Am i obligated to give
away my webservice source code?" (related to 1.10, but with a clear "not
if it is not under GPL"), "do i have to pay to use dotGNU?", "what do i
need to get to use dotGNU?", "Can i sell plugins for SEE or DEE?"

and my favourite question: "how can i see dotGNU in action?" :)