Java front-end for Portable.NET (was Re: [DotGNU]This Week on the DotGNU

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:54:31 -0500

Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> wrote:

> b) A Java front-end for the Portable.NET compiler (to be implemented in
> C).  (Bradley, you expressed interest in this... are you able to take
> this on, or is the FSF keeping you too busy?)

Likely, I am slowly going to begin working on this (I have only around 5
hours a week to give).  Whoever is interested will need to ramp up to
getting to know the Portable.NET codebase; that's what I am working on at
the moment.

I would say, if someone wants to work on it, and is getting up to speed
faster than I, they should go for it, but of course post status reports to
<address@hidden> so others know what's going on.

For my part, I'll post here if I move on from just reading code to
actually writing it.  ;)

   -- bkuhn