Re: [DotGNU]Pnet classes

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Pnet classes
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:09:02 +1000

Abhaya Agarwal wrote:

> I was looking at the mono class status page.I saw many classes there that
> were not there on pnet status page.

The pnetlib class status page lists those classes that are
are incomplete or not present.  It does not list classes that
are finished.  Mono's status page also lists classes that
are finished.

The point of the pnetlib class status page is to make it smaller
and go away.  The more contributors, the smaller the list will
eventually become.

> Are they implementing some extra
> classes cause I thought that our status page tells about all the classes
> we are lacking from the ecma standard ?

There may be extra classes: the ECMA standard specifies
a subset of the classes that Microsoft's implementation
provides.  It is possible that Mono's status page also
includes non-ECMA classes, whereas ours only specifies
ECMA at present.  Once we get ECMA nailed, then we'll
worry about the extras.