[DotGNU]Re: IDE questions

From: Tomislav Sajdl
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: IDE questions
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:09:03 +0100

(grrrh... I'l kill Outlook Express one day. I posted again from the wrong
account. Kmail rulez.)

S11001001 wrote:

> Mr. Sugar's mention of this was in the context of his complaint about the
> development of _any_ special project file, XML or not. His original post
said:

I agree, I put his words in wrong context. He complained about any IDE, and
I tried to propose the way to "minimize damage" of IDEs, which is not the
same. My apology to Mr. Sugar.

> I totally agree with him on this point; I would like to see a development
> environment that only uses existing files; there seems to be enough
information
> in existing build systems to build & coordinate a project, so why not rely
on
> those files alone?

It would be nice, but I'm not sure if it is possible in general case. If we
could have standard, such things wouldn't be a problem. But standard should
have to enable emacs style changing of source files that belong to project.
And here we go in circles...

I'll investigate this story a bit deeper and I'll post my findings.

Greetings,
Tomislav