Re: [DotGNU]One Runtime to Bind Them All

From: Yonas Jongkind
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]One Runtime to Bind Them All
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:35:46 -0800

On Saturday, February 9, 2002, at 12:51  AM, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

Bill Lance wrote:

A discussion of the limits to the CLR

http://www.javalobby.org/clr.html

I really don't know what point the author was trying to
get across.  Every limitation that he described also
exists in the JVM or is worse.  Interesting nonetheless.

Yes, but Java never claimed to be multi-platform.

I agree with the author that C# is not a very good multi-language tool, and may tempt authors to sacrifice features to make their language "play" with C#.

If you are writing a new language you should also have a different library that uses your language!

In Java there is no temptation to use the Java cross-language features, as they are not there.

Yonas.